How Ducts affect Your Efficiency
Ducts push distributed conditioned air throughout your house. However, in a lot of homes, 20-30 percent of air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, poorly connected ducts, and holes. This results in how comfortable the home stays and how high electric bills are.
Things you may not know
- High electric bills
- Difficulty heating and cooling certain rooms
- High humidity or stuffiness
- Ducts in crawlspaces and attics
- Also, fumes from the garden and household chemicals can enter your ducts causing allergy problems
- Did you know that gas appliances and furnaces can release combustion gases (like carbon monoxide)
Benefits and steps to improving the performance of your ducts
If ducts systems are well designed and sealed properly, then you can reap benefits like energy –efficiency, comfort in your home, as well as more safety. By sealing your ducts with mastic tape, metal tape, and insulating all ducts that can be accessed, sealing around vents and registers will help with improving your ducts performance as well as the above mentioned of safety, comfort and efficiency.
Please contact us with any questions you have about our services or your needs. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 817-994-4194. We Proudly Serve Fort Worth and the surrounding areas.